We are proud to be the first independent publisher to become an accredited Living Wage Employer. Read more about Living Wage employer status.
DIRECTOR, PRODUCTION AND PRE-PRESS
Profile Books is an award-winning independent publisher employing around 50 people.
We publish fiction and non-fiction across three imprints, Profile Books, Serpent’s Tail and Souvenir Press. We also have a custom publishing imprint, Profile Editions, which produces highly illustrated books for the arts industry, institutions, and company histories.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us in a new full-time role as Director, Production and Prepress
The salary will be competitive.
Key purpose of the role
You will be responsible for all prepress, print and e-book production at Profile Books, from handover of finished manuscripts to delivery of books to our warehouse and customers.
Responsibilities will include
- Directing and managing the Prepress and Production teams
- Managing the complete production process for complex titles across all imprints, including providing advice and costings on pre-acquisition projects
- Working with the publishers and art directors to maintain and enhance the overall production and design values of the list
- Working across all departments to ensure effective use of the scheduling systems in Biblio
- Advising on and negotiating the annual print contracts with the Finance Director
- Advising Profile on best practice for backlist management and overseeing the set-up of appropriate programmes (POD/short run and stock replenishment)
Initial interviews will take place remotely but there will be an opportunity to meet face-to-face and to see our offices during second interviews. Please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may require when attending an interview.
It is expected that this role will be largely office-based once we are all able to return safely to places of work; we have been largely home-working during most of the last year.
Please write to ApplyPrepressDirector@profilebooks.com, giving details of your experience to date and your reason for applying for this position.
The deadline for applications is Monday 26th July.
Profile strives to be an equal opportunities employer.
We run 8 week long internship programmes and invite applications at various points during the year. Please check back to this page or follow us on social media where we will announce when we are open for applications. Our internships are paid at the London Living Wage rate.