We are proud to be the first independent publisher to become an accredited Living Wage Employer. Read more about our Living Wage employer status.
Marketing and Customer Services Manager, Third Millennium
£ Competitive depending on experience – Central London
Third Millennium, one of the UK’s leading publishers of high quality contract books is looking for a Marketing and Customer Services Manager. Third Millennium is a small, passionate team and part of Profile Books. The right person needs to be a good communicator, creative, organised, confident at writing copy and happy to deal with clients.
The Third Millennium Marketing and Customer Services Manager leads on marketing and customer services for Third Millennium Publishing (TM), and manages company-wide direct sales via our Direct Sales Administrator.
- Work with new, potential and existing clients on marketing and sales opportunities. Maintain good and effective working relationships with clients from pre-contract through to publication and beyond, including attending book launches and similar events if required
- With other TM team members, research and seek out new business opportunities
- Investigate direct marketing opportunities
- Set, allocate and monitor the TM marketing budget
- Advise colleague on costs for project proposals and agree sales targets as appropriate
- Where necessary, create marketing, sales and publicity plans for books
- Manage all aspects of brochure, subscription sales and e-marketing development, design, production and mailing, including scheduling and fulfilment
- Maintain the TM website
- Write copy for all marketing materials, the books and bibliographic information
- Exploit opportunities to promote the services TM offers to clients, for example, via advertising, membership of trade bodies or attendance at promotional events
- Investigate new marketing opportunities to widen the TM brand awareness
- Lead on publicity plans when required
- Manage the Direct Sales Administrator, maintaining customer service standards and ensuring that orders are processed and fulfilled effectively and efficiently, whether via the TM website or TBS/GBS.
- Lead on sales through specialist trade and retail outlets
- Liaise with Profile Sales colleagues where TM books have general book trade potential
- Manage TM stock, whether owned by TM or clients
- The role reports to the TM Publishing Director
City University Publishing MA Scholarship
Each year, Profile sponsors a City University, London Publishing MA Scholarship with mentoring from Profile MD Andrew Franklin. Applications for the 2016-2017 place are open now. Find out more
Internships at Profile Books & Serpent’s Tail
We run an eight-week, full time paid internship for which we seek talented, motivated candidates who are interested in a career in publishing. We offer an extensive training in the fundamentals of publishing as well as in good general office practice. Profile Books is a Living Wage Employer and we pay all interns the London Living Wage.
The internship covers all publishing areas including administration, publicity, marketing and editorial.
We ask that you are:
• Computer literate
• Have plenty of stamina
• Able to stay level headed in stressful situations
• Organised and able to pay attention to detail
• Keen to pursue a career in publishing
The Profile internship is a graduate scheme and all studies must be completed before you apply.
All places through to the end of June 2017 have now been filled. We are not currently accepting applications.